Saturday, June 20, 2009

Forget Yourself and Go to Work

I am here, where God has placed me. I got to this point in my life by following the Lord and trusting that His plan for me is better than my own. I am here to be the mother of my children, here to be the "creator" of my home and family in my own sphere. I can't do it alone. It seems I keep having to be "compelled to be humble" because I am a slow learner in this area. I feel like I have to do it all by myself and when I look around and see evidence of my inadequacies, I struggle to feel my worth until I turn to the Lord and remember His promises to me. When I focus on ME and what I can or can't do, the details under scrutiny are irrelevant because my focus is in the wrong place. I can do what the Lord requires because my work is His work. The phrase "Forget yourself and go to work" is one that always seems to come up in answer to my prayers to get out of the rut of discouragement. Today I came across that directive again today while browsing through some blogs by people who inspire me. Another thought I really appreciated from one such blog was "we don't have to make ourselves great we just have to follow Christ and trust that He has great things in store for us." That thought correlates with some writing I have been working on for the last couple of years. A personal affirmation I also am reminded of today is this: "I keep moving forward, accomplishing hard things, because I know that in the strength of the Lord I can do all things."

No comments:

Post a Comment