Thursday, July 14, 2011

Simple Pleasures

I wrote this last week but forgot to post it.

One of my favorite sentiments is that


Tonight we found just one of those "simple things" in the form of paper whirly birds, like these.


NOT my image. The picture and the pattern are found at this link. I love the paper she used. It reminded me of a stack of origami paper I had stashed somewhere from my adventures in Japan almost 10 years ago. Miraculously I found it and we enjoyed about 2 hours of fun making these and dropping them off our beds, the porch,


the pull-up bar - which Kirby hung onto with one hand while dropping the "twirly whirlies" with the other.


When Kirby first saw one in action, he practically squealed, "It's like a propeller!!" Great news for a boy obsessed with airplanes and helicopters.

I highly recommend making some of these!

Paper you have lying around: Free.
Time: Free.
Sharing smiles and making memories with your children: Priceless.

1 comment:

  1. love those simple little pleasures we have laying all around us if we'll just find them! thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete