Monday, July 25, 2011

Be Your Own Best Friend


Sam was trekking down the driveway just now with a wadded-up, scribbled-on paper in his cute little hands. I asked what he was doing and he said, "I need to mail this!" I asked what it was and he told me, "It says, 'Come to my costume party!' " I asked who he was mailing it to and the response was, "ME!" Then he came inside and put on his Winnie The Pooh costume. He has worn it continually (night and day, only off for washings - his and its) for the past few days. When he first put it on I asked if he was Winnie the Pooh and he said, so practically, "No. I am Sam. This is a costume, Mommy."


I love this innocent, serious yet lighthearted soul. My mom has been teaching him fun songs and poems that he LOVES to memorize and share. His most recent is "Are You Sleeping" in both English and French. (But he thinks the French is Spanish and can't be convinced otherwise.) Once when we were at my in-laws he found two stuffed dogs that sing "I Got You Babe" to each other when you push their paws. He pushed the button over and over again, mouthing the words as he caught on to the lyrics, until he could sing the whole thing. My mom was playing with him recently and said, "I got you!" and that seemed to be his cue because he sang her the rest of the song! This little boy is here to make the world a better place.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so cute! I'm so happy you're a bloggin' fool! Minus the fool...so just a bloggin'....this is making no sense. I really enjoy your blogs. There! Let's get together soon, yah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wouldn't life be so much better if we could all be content to invite ourselves over for a party!

    ReplyDelete