Thursday, December 2, 2010

One Hundred and Eighty MORE Elf Hats


This time they were red. And I really didn't get too sick of it until the last five. And those were worth it when Kirby was so excited to see them all there, and I saw some kids putting them on their heads, and one little boy saved his to take home. Today's activity was the ward Christmas party. Oh, and making 3 tons - at least - of fancy mashed sweet potatoes and 180 more elf hats in preparation for said party. My kids hung out with me and enjoyed making many messes. "Mom's doing it, so I can, too!" was the philosophy I guess. By the way, I am thinking of holding off on volunteering to help with things that need 2 hands until Jiorji is weaned. Folding the hats while feeding her was ok, but peeling potatoes was a bit tricky, believe it or not.


I've been a little worried that Kirby would be disappointed this year because we want to keep presents very basic and simple and he's been asking for a BIG trampoline, a Wii, and a big TV (none of which I have any intention of getting) plus many, many small things as they come to his mind. Tonight I asked what he would get if he can have just ONE thing, and told him that's what he should ask Santa for. He'd been trying to remember a long list. When it was his turn, he ran up and hugged Santa. With no hesitation, he declared that he wanted "A little toy boat like at Grandma Richins' house!!" Which happens to be a dollar-store toy she puts in the bathtub when we go there. Sam was a little more shy around Santa, but managed to tell us (not him) that he wants a harmonica. There is hope for a happy, simple Christmas after all!


1 comment: