Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jensen Family Band


For today's Countdown activity we sang songs. It was supposed to be Christmas music. First I tried to put on a cassette tape I had of kid Christmas music but Kirby took it out and put in a lullaby tape. Later I played some Christmas music on the piano and Kirby got out his ukulele and played along and said, "Sam, you sing! Sing 'Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are!'" Which was a great idea, but I happened to be playing Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.

Greg came home and got out his guitar and we moved into the boys' room (where we hung Christmas lights a week or two ago so it felt festive) and enjoyed some more singing time, this time all singing kid songs together. The picture is dark and I think it's funny how it looks like Kirby is toothless and Greg has a huge beard. We'll keep working on teaching some Christmas songs. The only one Kirby wants to sing so far is this: "Jingle bells are ringing! On Christmas Day!" He sings "Jingle Bells are Ringing" to the tune of "Christmas Bells are Ringing" (Primary Children's Songbook) and the "On Christmas Day!" to the tune of "all through the town" at the end of The Wheels on the Bus.

Anyway, a great time was had by all.



I came across this outfit tonight and had to put it on Jiorji even though she was already in her pajamas. My sister-in-law gave it to me when I was pregnant in 2005, but then I miscarried and didn't think I'd ever have a baby that would fit it at Christmas. Still, I couldn't quite part with it. Sentimental old me. With Jiorji born in July and it being a 0-3 month size, I didn't expect it to fit her either, but it sure does! This just made me happy somehow.

1 comment:

  1. that was the perfect description of how he sings that song. you're very good at writing! I'm loving all these posts and the christmas activity jar. I, for some reason, am stuck in a blogging block. i just don't really do it. but i'm enjoying reading yours:)
    My kids sing "jingle bells batman smells" so i think i like Kirby's song better :) I started teaching "Rudolf" to Hunter and Landon in sign language, but they kindof got bored after a bit and i didnt' push it. maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete